Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Laptop Update

Well...there's power.  That's good news!  But....he can't get past the initial start up screen yet....not great news.  There is hope that involves a little reprogramming and then I will be back in business!!  Until then I still can only periodically jump on our old computer...it is soooooo slooooooowwwwwww... to read comments and reply.  No picture posts for now.

On Saturday I went to Fibre Day with ASH (Atlantic Spinners and Handweavers).  It was nice to sit, spin, and relax.  Other members worked on creating Temari Balls.  BEAUTIFUL!  I've made some before but nothing like what the woman demonstrating had made.  I have photos...will post soon hopefully!

After a cleaning spree yesterday, I was able to put up some Christmas decorations and clear an area for the Christmas tree.  We pick that up on Sunday.  The girls were so excited to come home after a long day at school to see decorations up.  Holidays are difficult without any family around (my husbands are in Ottawa; mine are in BC) so we are working on creating our own family traditions that don't involve the traditional trip to grandparents for dinners and gatherings.

Today, the sewing machine is coming up to my kitchen table (I definitely need to ask Santa for a space heater for my sewing room) and I am making my dad his Christmas gift and hopefully finishing the borders on the Lone Star.

Hoping everyone out there is doing well.  Enjoy this beautiful day!

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck on the computer. My laptop is super slow as well. That is why, I read, comment, and write my blog while at work first thing in the am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From the sound of my husband last night when he was talking to our friend...it didn't sound great...hopefully but not great.

      Delete
  2. Cleaning - I am cleaning my OVEN. It was filthy and since I try to fit it in around taking my youngest to activities and trips to the Canada Games Centre to run and exercise. It has taken me 3 days and I am not finished. I think I will be able to wrap it up on Thursday.... The family thing is hard and I have lived away from mine most of my married life (25 years this month). But we have created a lot of our own traditions and this year is the first in 3 that all three girls will be home with us. So it is special. Once I finish the oven I will start decorating. The tree I will leave until the three are home. Have you gone to the Farmers Market downtown? It is especially fun around Christmas time. I go often and love to spend my Saturday morning there. I will be away for a week and will have to go when I come back. They have fabulous crepes and waffles. Leave it to me to think of food. I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my least favourite jobs...the oven! No oven envy here! lol The first year was a novelty...and I was recovering from surgery so I was so medicated that Christmas was a blur...last year...sick...this year I would like a new tradition that does not include large doses of medication! lol I love the farmers market...the kids took art classes next door so my I would get to spend my mornings strolling the market. I haven't been in a long while. I have never tried their waffles and crepes.

      Delete
  3. How have you been since Blogtoberfest, Teresa? I just wanted to let you know that I’m hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12.
    Would be so rapt if you joined us!
    There’s a little giveaway too. :-)
    Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html
    Take care,
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I haven't...things were a bit crazy here so I am just getting back to things. Thanks for the invite! I have gone over and signed up =D Have a beautiful weekend Kat! xo

      Delete

I always love to hear what you think about what I am working on. Tell me about what you are working on or have been inspired to start (...or pull out to finish).